This is a bit of a follow on from the Strawberry Daiquiri. Today I made a Raspberry Daiquiri and I used some of the raspberry syrup that I bought from Lidl for 99p. It’s in store
currently, but I don’t know how long they’ll have it. I used this raspberry syrup in place of the grenadine in the strawberry version.
In all honest, I preferred the strawberry recipe. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the raspberry daiquiri is bad at all, I just think it’s a personal preference; at this time of year, I am a total strawberry nut!
Anyway, here’s how I made it.
- 50 ml white rum (I used Bacardi Carta Blanca)
- 25 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12.5 ml 1:1 sugar syrup
- 12.5 ml raspberry syrup
- 1 large handful of rasberries
- Metal ice shaker or Boston tin and cheater (needs to be metal so you can tell when it’s cold enough, which is when you almost can’t hold it any longer)
- Muddler (or hand blender – I blitzed the fruit this time and strained the seeds)
- Hawthorne strainer
- Fine strainer (or something with a slightly larger mesh if you have it)
- Martini glass to serve
- Wash and blitz or muddler your fruit
- Meaure and add the rest of the ingredients to the shaker
- Add ice to fill 1/2 – 2/3 up the shaker
- Cap the shaker and shake it for about 10 seconds and until
- Strain the cocktail through the hawthrone and fine strainer (this will take time, patience and probably a spoon)
- Garnish and serve
If you’re big in to raspberries, you’ll love this and just think of all the antioxidants.
As ever, if you try it, make sure if post it and tag with #CocktailJo so I can take a look at it too.